Types and Properties of Fleece Fabric
Fleece is nothing but a synthetic fabric made out of polyester fibers. Fleece is a great replacement to wool. It is lightweight, comfortable, and warm. It is better than wool in that it does not irritate the skin. Today, fleece fabric is used in a number of ways and is available in various colors including gray fabric. Fleece is used not just for clothing but also for outerwear, décor, plush toys, blankets, pet beds, and sleeping bags, and so on.
Here are more information about the fleece fabric material:
- Fleece is extremely compact. This particular property of the material gives it a number of properties such as warmth, wind repellence, and durability.
- When you wear fleece, you won’t have to worry about moisture because it gets pulled away by the strands of the fleece yarn. Since the moisture is removed from your body, you will stay dry and warm even if the fabric gets wet. Because of this property, fleece is being used to make baby diapers too.
- Another great quality of the fleece fabric is that it is very durable and the color doesn’t fade away even after washing.
- These days you can even find fleece fabric blankets. This is because fleece has insulating properties. It tends to keep you warm and comfortable so that you have a good night’s sleep during the colder days.
- When you look around, you will find many different types of modern fleece fabric. Some have been explained as follows:
- Berber Fleece: This type of fleece is usually used to make outerwear such as socks. These socks provide a lot of warmth and keep your feet dry.
- Sherpa and Shearling: These two varieties of fleece are heavier and they have properties similar to lamb’s wool. They provide wind resistance. These two materials are used to make coats, jackets, and many more.
- Plush Fleece: Plush fleece is extremely soft and smooth. This type of fleece is used to make materials for babies such as plush blankets, soft toys, and so on.
- Fleece is also very easy to take care of and that is another reason why it is so popular today. It is also considerably stain resistant. However, you should be very careful not to wash fleece or dry it at high temperatures. High temperatures can ruin the material all together.
Now that you know why fleece fabric is so popular, it is time you replace wool with fleece for additional comfort, warmth, durability, and safety.